There are 245 photos and 6 video clips on my new iPad. I want to create a DVD of these photos and videos. Obviously, I cannot do this on the iPad. Since the iDVD is a cool tool for burning photos and videos onto DVD discs, I decide to move the files from my iPad to my Mac laptop and do the burning there. Is there an easy and fast way to get the files moved?
To transfer photos and videos from iPad to Mac, the easiest way is to connect your iPad to your Mac via USB cable. Then in the iPad folder on your Mac, you will find countless folders with several photos or videos in each of them. The more photos and videos are there on your iPad, the more folders there will be. It is troublesome to transfer all of them to your Mac in your desired order. And even if you have all the photos and videos moved to your Mac, it is really hard to organize and categorize that many folders with that many photos and videos. So I don't think it is an advisable way to transfer a great number of photos and videos from iPad to Mac.
The iPad app Wireless Transfer App offers a more efficient way to transfer photos and videos from iPad to Mac. It is clever in that it takes full advantage of Wi-Fi network to transfer files between iPad and Mac. So long as your Mac and your iPad can be connected to the same Wi-Fi network, photos and videos can be downloaded between them wirelessly and smoothly.
In this guide, I will demonstrate how to transfer photos and videos from iPad to Mac using Wireless Transfer App so that your photos and videos will be wirelessly moved from iPad to Mac for backup, editing in iMovie or even burning in iDVD on Mac.
1. Download and install Wireless Transfer App on your iPad
Note: Make sure your iPad and your Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Run Wireless Transfer App on your iPad.
3. Find the http address at the bottom of the screen.
4. Open a web browser in your Mac and type the address exactly as that appears on your iPad (including the colon and the following port number).
5. The browser will list all the photos and videos in your iPad.
6. Select and download the photos and videos you need to your Mac.
The Mac version of Wireless Transfer App is also available. You can also free download Wireless Transfer App to your Mac to easily transfer photos and videos from iPad to Mac.
To let Wireless Transfer App for Mac download photos and videos from iPad to Mac:
1. Run Wireless Transfer App on both Mac and iPad.
2. In the Mac app, detect your iPad device. The photos and videos in your iPad will be listed in the Mac app.
3. Choose the photos and videos you want to download to your Mac.
4. Download the selected photos and videos to a folder in your Mac. Note: You can create a new folder first.
With Wireless Transfer App for Mac, you don't need to open your web browser and enter the http address in order to get your iPad photos and videos transferred to your Mac.
Wireless Transfer App also lets you transfer photos and videos from iPad to MacBook Air, from iPad to MacBook Pro, from iPad to Mac mini, from iPad to Mac Pro, and from iPad to all Macs running OS X 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion.