hi i have an iphone 4, and i want to know how to send my pictures from my phone to my laptop, i have icloud set up, itunes etc. so when i take a pic on my phone, it should automatically be on my laptop in the photo stream folder. i just can't seem to figure out what i'm doing wrong. there are some pics on my computer which were sent from my Iphone in the photo stream folder, but anything recent is not sending over. it's on a wifi connection. but its driving me mad.
Did you also use iCloud to transfer pictures from your iPhone to your computer? Have you ever encountered any similar problems while using this way to download photos shot on your iPhone to the Photo Stream folder? Actually, I dislike this way. On one hand, I have to turn on iCloud on my iPhone and install iCloud control panel on my computer. Though there are clear instructions to set up iCloud on computer and iDevice, I still think it's too inconvenient. On the other hand, since you have to log on to your iCloud account with the same Apple ID, this way is restricted to transfer photos among your own iDevices and computers only. Besides, the photos can only be kept in the Photo Stream folder for 30 days. You have to save them to another folder to keep them on your computer or device forever.
Is there an easier and faster way to get iPhone photos transferred to computer? The iOS app Wireless Transfer App comes to help. It is clever in that it takes full advantage of Wi-Fi network to transfer photos between iPhone and computer. It only requires that you have your iPhone and computer connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Now let's take a look at how it works to transfer photos from iPhone to computer using Wireless Transfer App.
1. Download and install Wireless Transfer App to your iPhone
2. Make sure your iPhone and your computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Run Wireless Transfer App on your iPhone.
4. Press the Send button and then choose to send photos & videos to computer.
5. The Send to PC screen will guide you to enter the correct address into your web browser on your computer (Windows or Mac).
6. Open a web browser in your computer and type the address exactly as that appears on your iPhone (including the colon and the following port number).
7. The browser will list all the photos and videos in your iPhone. Select and download the photos you want to transfer to your computer.
If you don't want to use the web browser to download iPhone photos to computer, you can also get the PC version of Wireless Transfer App to help you.
First, download and install Wireless Transfer App onto your computer.
Then have Wireless Transfer App running on your iPhone and computer.
Type the http URL into the address bar, select photos from your iPhone library, and click the Download All or Download Selected button to start to download photos from iPhone to computer.
Note: This guide works for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS.