Did you take a great number of photos with your digital camera and now you want to put a group of them onto your iPhone? Obviously, you cannot transfer photos from your camera to your iPhone directly. You need to copy the camera photos to your computer first. This can be easily done by connecting your camera or card reader to your computer with a USB cable. Yet, once the photos in your camera are downloaded to your computer, in what way will you transfer them to your iPhone?
Here I'd like to show you two different ways to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone.
1. Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone with iTunes
Transferring photos from Mac to iPhone with iTunes requires that you have your iPhone attached to your Mac using a cable.
Then you just run iTunes and follow the steps below:
1) In Mac, create a folder with the photos you want to transfer.
2) In iTunes, press your device name and switch to the Photos tab in the right panel.
3) Choose the folder you just created.
4) Click the Apply button to start syncing photos from your Mac to your iPhone.
2. Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone without iTunes (Wirelessly)
What if your cable is not available? Or you never use iTunes to sync files? Or you worry about any data loss during the sync? Here is the way to transfer photos from Mac to iPhone without iTunes and cable. You just get Wireless Transfer App to help you. It lets you upload photos from Mac to iPhone wirelessly and instantly. Moreover, if you need to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to Mac, or between iPhone/iPad/iPod devices, you can still have this app help you.
To transfer photos from Mac to iPhone using Wireless Transfer App:
1) Download and install Wireless Transfer App to your iPhone.
2) Make sure your Mac and your iPhone are in the same Wi-Fi network.
3) Run Wireless Transfer App on your iPhone.
4) Tap the Receive button in the welcome screen of the app.
5) Go to the Receive from Computer screen.
6) Open a web browser in your Mac (i.e. Safari, Firefox, Chrome) and type the http address as exactly shown in the Receive from PC screen.
7) Find the Upload Images and Videos button in your web browser.
8) Browse your Mac and choose the photos you want to transfer to your iPhone.
Note: You can also download the Mac version of Wireless Transfer App to help you transfer photos from Mac to iPhone.
Two different ways to get photos transferred from Mac to iPhone. Which way do you prefer? With or without iTunes? You may as well tell me in the comment form below.